Journey with a Purpose - Encouragement for Everyday Women

My photo
First and foremost I am a daughter of the King. Bought and paid for by His blood and saved by grace. In life I wear many hats. Some of the most important hats are being a Wife and a Mom. I have been married to the love of my life, Brian, for 14years. We have four daughters Michaela(12), Anna(10), Rachel(10) and Kaitlyn(7). They bring so much joy to our lives. There is never a dull ,and rarely, a quiet moment in our days (except when they are asleep), but honestly we wouldn't have it any other way. During the summer of 2009 our family moved to Nelson County, VA. We followed a calling the Lord placed on our hearts to Pastor and plant a new Cornerstone Church in Nelson County. We look forward to all that God wants to do in and through his people here in Nelson. Other than being a wife, mom and partner in ministry I am also working at earning my degree in Women's Ministry from Liberty University.
~"He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When others are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us." 2 Corinthians 1:4 (NLT)

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Different Kind of Woman

About three weeks ago I embarked on a new stage of life. College!! Yes, at 32 years of age I have returned to the college campus. It has been a wonderful journey so far...though I would have to say, so different from my first experience at college 15 years ago. 15 years ago, as a freshman, I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life or what God wanted to do with it for that matter. Looking back on these past 15 years, including marriage, raising children, creating a home, starting two businesses and being in ministry, I could have never imagined the ride of life that God would take me on. But he has been so faithful over the years. Now that we have moved to Shipman, I am close enough to Liberty University to take classes on campus. Right now I am working toward a degree with a concentration in Women's Ministry. Early into the first week I came across this quote, that was posted outside the Womens Ministry office on campus:
"The fact that I am a woman does not make me a different kind of Christian, but the fact that I am a Christian makes me a different kind of woman" - Elizabeth Elliot - 

Wow!! I love that quote - and as I have pondered it over the last few weeks I had to think that it applies to the area of motherhood as well. Instead of using the word "woman" insert "mom" or "mother" or "grandmother". 

It's a high standard, and while I know that I fail often in the area of being "mom" I always want to work at being a "different kind of mom". 

No comments:

Post a Comment